Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Miss Information has been down so long it seems like up to her

Actual conversation.

Woman at Elevator: Do I press 2 to go up?
Miss Information: This is the top floor. You can only go down.
Woman at Elevator: I just want to go one flight up.
Miss Information: There is no floor above this one.
Woman at Elevator: How do I go up?
Miss Information (points at sky which is visible through skylight): There is no up.
Woman at Elevator: Oh, I see. So, how do I get upstairs?

Eventually she manages to convince the woman to try down. Down probably has everything she’s looking for.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Tonks said...

Another example of the death of 2-way communication. Everyone's set to SEND, no one's set to RECEIVE.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Annemarie said...

Wow, that's fabulous. And frightening.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm having a total Ghostbusters moment.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Hey. Where do these stairs go?
Dr. Peter Venkman: They go up.

Except not at all...


Love your blog! Mind if I link you from mine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home