Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Miss Information is annoyed by parents

It is Screaming Child Day at the library. And Miss Information totally forgot to attend Screaming Child Eve festivities. Slipped her mind completely.

Right this minute a screaming toddler is sitting opposite the Reference Desk where Miss Information is doomed to spend the rest of her natural life. Said toddler (honestly, why do people keep producing more of these creatures?) has dropped all of its personal effects on the floor.

Instead of picking them up, its mother has given the child one of the library's precious computer keyboards to play with/pound on/destroy.

Miss Information hates this style of parenting.

3 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying your blog. Have passed on its URL to others of the writers so they can enjoy too. Have to tell you that you have my sympathy with those screaming little ones. Hoo-boy!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

I laughed out loud. I could feel your torment! I remember when I had a job where I had to deal with annoying screaming toddlers. I couldn't escape either -- not until I'd finished raising them to be irritating know-it-all teenagers! (Just kidding...I was blessed with great kids, which I'm quite sure had nothing to do with my ability to parent - a skill I made up as I went along!)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger tinylittlelibrarian said...

Hey, it was screaming toddler day today for me. No keyboards were hammered on, amazingly, but I HATE that. Hello, parent, your kid is POUNDING on someone else's electronic equipment. Would you let them do that in a store?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home