Thursday, January 13, 2005

Miss Information gets nostalgic

Miss Information has been reading and weeding her e-mail and documents from the past year. In doing so she has uncovered a wealth of annoyances that she amazingly did not post on the blog. Here's one of them:

Miss Information sighed deeply and pretended to ignore the customer frantically beckoning her over to the Internet terminal. The Reference Desk was short staffed and she was tired of people thinking that just because they had opposable thumbs, they were capable of using the Internet.

“Yooo-hoooo? Miss?”

Oh damn. Now he was calling her. Loudly. Honestly, were his legs broken? Was he unaware that libraries were supposed to be quiet?

She sighed again and went over to the terminal. Slowly. While she walked she tried to force her lips into a smile and failed, achieving only a sneer.

“Something I can help you with?” she asked.

“This Internet isn’t working. Can I use another one?”

“Well, you need to log on. When you try to log on do you get an error message?”

Miss Information tried to be patient as the customer muttered something unintelligible. I could hear him so clearly when he was yelling across the room at me, she thought.

“Ok, then. Just show me what you did.”

The customer pressed the login button. The error message “Sorry you have entered an invalid card number or pin number” appeared.

“It just keeps telling me that,” the customer whined.

“Uhm, well, you do have to enter your card number BEFORE you press the login button.”

Really, why did he think that little box asking for his library card was on the screen, anyway?

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
Here is my weblog : neucopia review

 

Post a Comment

<< Home