Miss Information's catalogue of birthday annoyancesYesterday was Miss Information's birthday. Here is a list of what went wrong.
1. She had to get up. Early.
2. On the way to school, the niggling hamstring problem she's been having suddenly got a whole lot worse, turning into a "you go on without me....cough, cough....I'll only slow you down....cough, cough...." kind of situation.
3. She got 9/10 on an assignment, which didn't seem bad until the professor mentioned that anyone who didn't get 10/10 had missed the entire point.
4. Her plans to spend the night eating cake while watching an entire season of Doctor Who was ruined by the damn library DVDs which for some reason included 3 copies of disc 3 but no disc 2 or disc 4.
5. The Starbucks people were surly...and did not give her a free coffee this year. Bastards.
6. On the way home from coffee, she somehow managed to slam her finger in the car door. It really, really hurt. On the positive side, it is a very nice shade of purple.
7. There was nothing on television but the president.
8. She somehow missed an episode of 24 and now has no idea what's going on.
9. In the middle of the night, the cat puked on the bed--this technically was no longer her birthday as it was after midnight but still...very annoying